Church of Agios Mamas, Greece


General Attributes
DOI10.26301/naf7-v426
Project NameChurch of Agios Mamas
CountryGreece
StatusPublished
Download
Spatial DataDownload (Links to all available data types will be emailed)
Data Bounds (approx.)
Data Type Size Device Name Device Type
Not availableNot availableNot availableNot available
Background
Site DescriptionThe church of Agios Mamas is a 10th century chapel located on the island of Naxos and is believed to be the oldest standing christian structure on the island. Originally consecrated as a Greek Orthodox cathedral, the structure was converted into a Catholic church by 1207 CE. The building was dedicated to Agios Mamas, an important saint for local people who is considered to be the protector of shepherds. The site structure is cruciform in shape and features several noteworthy sculptures and frescoes inside. Due to safety considerations and planned restoration the site is currently closed to the public.
Project DescriptionIn the summer of 2016, CyArk in collaboration with the Hellenic Republic Ministry of Culture, Ephorate of Antiquities of the Cyclades, documented three cultural heritage sites on the island of Naxos. CyArk completed laser scanning (Faro X330 laser scanner) along with aerial and terrestrial photogrammetry (with a Canon 5D and Phantom 4 Pro drone). The documentation of the church will be used by the Ephorate of Antiquities to complement existing documentation of the site and to help with planned restoration.
Collection Date0000-00-00 to 0000-00-00
Publication Date2020-06-22
License TypeCC BY-SA
Entities
ContributorsN/A
CollectorsCyArk
FundersN/A
PartnersN/A
Site AuthorityEphorate of Antiquities of the Cyclades
Citation
2020: Church of Agios Mamas - . Collected by CyArk . Distributed by Open Heritage 3D. https://doi.org/10.26301/naf7-v426

Download Submission Form

×





captcha


Links to download the datasets will be sent to the email above. Please allow 5 minutes to receive the email.

 

Go Back